8 Reasons Why Drop Shipping Is So Popular 
What is drop shipping and how can it help you and your small business?
Drop shipping is a type of retailing in which online sellers can drop ship products to consumers that they don't physically have. Consumers order drop shipped items from your website and then the manufacturer of the product, ships it to your customer.
What are the advantages of drop shipping?
There are several advantages for drop shipping.
1. Retailers do not need to carry inventory on hand.
2. Retailers save money by only paying for drop-shipped orders; and there is less risk involved because there is no need to stock merchandise.
This leaves more money in the pocket of retailers, allowing them to offer lower prices than competitors without drop shipping. Drop shippers can drop ship products to consumers anywhere in the country or world. It's that simple!
How can drop shipping help your business?
Drop shipping allows you to keep up with consumer demand, because it is much easier and cheaper than stocking an inventory yourself. Through drop shipping, businesses are able to sell their products at a lower cost, making them more competitive on the market, which leads to increased sales.
It also eliminates many of the common frustrations associated with traditional retailing - lacking available capital; keeping up with constant changes in trends; long wait times; international barriers; and having to pay for drop shipping services. Drop shippers can offer products to consumers anywhere in the country or world. Drop shippers aren't restricted by local stock, and drop ship orders from multiple suppliers at once.
You will be able to ship the item directly to your customers without sending out the order yourself. Drop shippers have access to nearly unlimited inventory - so if one supplier runs out of product, there are dozens more ready-to-ship options available to fill in the gap.
How does drop shipping work?
drop shipping is a very simple concept that requires no special training or knowledge of any particular industry. There are basically three steps required in order for you to get started with drop shipping .
1) Find a reputable drop shipper
2) Advertise your products
3) Drop ship your orders
There are hundreds of drop shippers that can drop ship products, and it is a simple process to sign up with one. Advertising your drop shipped products is a matter of listing them on your web site or blog, but you do need a secure method for accepting payment from customers.
Reasons why drop shipping is so popular
1. Drop shipping allows business owners the freedom to set their own prices without worrying about market fluctuations or competition from offline retail stores.
2. Drop shippers do not have to pay for commercial space, equipment, display cases, signage, and inventory storage costs.
3. Drop shippers also don't have to hire staff to run the store front location.
4. Drop shippers have no expensive inventory or workforce turnover.
5. Drop shipper's overhead costs are significantly lower than traditional businesses while still being able to successfully.
6. Drop shippers can process orders as small as one or as large as they need.
7. Drop shipping allows people the ability to work from home, on their own time.
8. Drop shipper's can have international clients and is a great way for new entrepreneurs to get started.
We hope you found this post helpful. If you are interested in learning more about drop shipping or want to get started with your own store, we highly recommend checking out the courses on Udemy.
Thanks for reading and happy selling!